Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

8 comments:

speedreeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
speedreeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
speedreeder said...

Hey Geoff I don't know if you're going to get to this, or if you're even going to read this. But I just read Green Lantern 43, the start of the Blackest Night summer blockbuster crossover. I have to say it gave me the willies. Pretty creepy.

Geoff Klock said...

I recently read The Sinestro Corp War and before that I read Johns Infinite Crisis. I didn't like either one, so I am not too excited about Blackest Night. I admit it is a great idea, but Johns is just not my favorite comic book writer.

speedreeder said...

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of his stuff, to be honest. I didn't like SCW or Infinite Crisis (I actually thought it was terrible) But the Blackest Night prologue was really creepy and kind of disturbing superhero comic. It was a little different than what I expected.
The artwork added a lot to it.

With DC killing off so many of their characters lately it's has potential. We'll see where this goes, but now the first issue has gotten me interested. I don't know if we will get any meta-textual narrative about killing off characters.

There was an interesting little scene where Black Hand steps on an Easter Egg, and the next panel is a sign that says HAPPY EASTER.

Christian O. said...

I like Johns' GL stuff, but I personally find him to be a mediocre writer. There's an element of fan fiction in his work, that I find annoying. It's well-written, but it feels like fan fiction. I don't hate his stuff though.


And just to contribute- Here's a trailer for District 9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZnpzfcMheA

It's painfully obvious what the movie is about, but it seems interesting nonetheless. I can't help but think of the Vilnius settlement in Ellis' Transmetropolitan and the crash site in Busiek's Shockrockets (criminally underrated book.)

James said...

In case any one hasn't seen the original short District 9 is based on, you can do so here.

I was incredibly excited about District 9, but the trailer suggests some things have been lost in translation. Not a fan of the new alien design, for instance.

James said...

Oh boy, the theatrical trailer looks lots better. I'm excited again.