I watched AMC's The Prisoner remake. The AV Club gave it a C. I would give it a B. I kind of liked it -- it made great use of space and color, and I will not spoil the ending, but in a lot of ways it reminded me of my favorite movie, Dark City.
But WOW did it want to be LOST.
1. Like maybe the opening shot is a close up of our hero's eye as he wakes up in this mysterious place.
2. A mysterious old man says "help me" to our hero, and disappears.
3. Our hero finds a nice suburban community in the middle of what appears to be a dangerous, savage, uninhabited place.
4. There is this mysterious totally inhuman -- nearly abstract -- monster thing going around killing people.
5. It flashes back and forth between two times -- but the relationship between the two turns out not to be your first assumption.
And it uses an early theory of LOST as its ending.