Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Comics Out 26 July 2006

Bachalo's X-Men is out this week along with the first issue of Grant Morrison's run on Batman. And comics news this week is too much to handle with Newsarama's coverage of San Diego Comic-con. I have not had a chance to read everything, but the Depak Chopra / Grant Morrison event looked good. My friend Alex Su was good enough to send me the link to the video. Morrison's comments on his upcoming Wildcats and Authority runs were more than interesting. The Futurist was there -- getting people to see his film and promoting itsallinyourhands.com -- and he may have a few things to add. Anyone else -- reading the reports or who was there in person -- should sift through the info and tell us what we should notice.

And don't miss the Hellboy animated site, which launched this week.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was also announced at Comic-Con that Richard Donner and Geoff Johns are the top secret ACTION COMICS co-writers.

I will commit to buying one issue.

Anonymous said...

the Busiek/Pacheco issue of Superman from 2 weeks ago was damn good. I have a hard time believing the Donner stuff will be better (I have a hard time believing it will be more than a stunt actually.

Grant Morrison Batman,
Civil War: Runaways/Young Avengers (which I have a REALLY bad feeling about)
the new DJ Shadow album leaked
and my wife and I closed on our new flat, It's a good week, heatwave not withstanding.

Anonymous said...

Also, I got Brad Meltzer's Justice Leauge #Zero. It was a really peculiar little issue and I found it enjoyable. I have to say that I really enjoyed Identity Crisis. My mother, who reads thriller/mystery novels endlessly, recognized his name on the book when I was reading it recently... so, I loaned it to her.

Geoff Klock said...

Ping -- my god it is hot, isn't it?

Mitch -- getting your mom hooked on comics. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

yeah, and you don't even have to take the tube to work :(

Geoff Klock said...

The Bod (the Oxford Library) is sick hot. I saw a book catch fire today. Ok. Not really. But it is stupid hot.