Friday, September 15, 2006

Veronica Mars essay update; other updates

Weeks ago I mentioned that I was invited to write an essay on the show Veronica Mars for an essay collection from BenBella Books. My contribution is about story structure and the season one finale. Now it turns out that the show's creator Rob Thomas is going to be the guest editor of the volume, writing an introduction to the book, and introductory paragraphs to each essay. Very exciting for everyone involved. The stamp of approval from the man himself.

Also a few more updates: Ping33 has his own blog (link on the right) on comics which is quite fun, Sara Reiss is doing great work talking about design and fantastically designed objects on her blog (just go to her website, link on the right, and hit the button for blog in the lower right hand corner), and guttergeek.com has asked me to write a review of Casanova for their site in the next few weeks (when I do I will link to it as my blog for the week). Go check all these pages out; they are all quite good.

4 comments:

sara d. reiss said...

here, I'll give y'alls a direct link:
just go here

Stephen said...

Can't wait to read the Veronica Mars piece...

Anonymous said...

BenBella also has a great book of essays out about the TV show Firefly called "Finding Serenity". I just finished it a few weeks ago and it is great.

Dean Trippe said...

dude, v. mars = best show on tv.