Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

4 comments:

James said...

I feel like reposting some links from the Imaginary Covers comments, in response to Geoff's idea of cover-versions of comic books. (Because I'm not sure how many people saw them, and I'm a egomaniac.)

Here's one.

As I said, I think it's fairly common for hopeful artists to submit these kinds of redrawn scripts as art samples for publishers.

Also: A lot of people were annoyed by a gatefold poster in that Kirby coffee-table book, which featured an Alex Ross rendition of a New Gods page. So there's your "bad cover version" right there.

Newly Also: Since then, I've come across the first comic book mash-up I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Anyone seen the new Brave and The Bold cartoon? It's pretty neat, basically it's a neat little kids Batman cartoon (too many Batman cartoons got a bit dark over the years) It places the emphasis on Batman as a dude with a bunch of gadgets, and like the old comic series, Batman is teamed with a different hero every week. A nice light-hearted adventure cartoon that captures the spirit of the old 'super-friends'/'Superman/Aquaman adventure hour' only with higher quality in the animation and the writing.

One thing thing that bugs me though... took me a minute to place it... but I'm pretty sure Batman is voiced by Diedrich Bader of Drew Carey Show fame ... also, Jethro in The Beverly Hillbillies movie.

... weird.

Unknown said...

Hey, Geoff, here's something you might be interested in: Travis Charest's Spacegirl. I think I remember you being a fan of Charest's, right?

James said...

scott: saw a clip, it looked fun - love the Kirby Green Arrow. And yep, it's Bader.