Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

12 comments:

Jason said...

Read these now!!!

http://www.cinematical.com/photos/frank-millers-charlie-brown/1419750/

http://www.cinematical.com/photos/frank-millers-charlie-brown/1419749/

Jake said...

Seaguy today.

finsof72 said...

Miley Cyrus and the Crab People. I think there is a connection.

Jake said...

Flash Rebirth too. Am I the only one who really doesn't like Ethan Van Sciver's art. Or the way he pronounces his name. Or his FAT FACE RRARRR

James said...

Well, I don't like his art, anyway.

scott91777 said...

How does he pronounce his name?

hcduvall said...

Does anyone know if the Casanova returns as a webcomic is true or an April Fools gag?

Jake said...

@scott

he pronounces the "c." Van Skiver.


I hate it.

Unknown said...

Jason - those Frank Miller/Peanuts (mash ups?) are fun but man, they are ug-lee.

Also worth a look: Bukowski's Peanuts.

This week's Seaguy had one of those quintessential Morrison moments - the heretofore creepy-as-fuck parrot suddenly realises Seaguy is his dear friend and is killed trying to save him. All within 2 panels.

Andy said...

Van Sciver's art did seem a bit claustrophobic. Overall it was an OK first issue, but I have high hopes for the series as a whole

Vincent Caramela said...

Geoff,

I know this is late but don't take it personal. First, I love your book "How to Read Comics..." I've read it twice and it's STILL on my nightstand. Essential reading...

But second, your twitters are genuinely breaking my heart. Sure about 20% of them are useful but with those early puppydog notes about your new wife (we've all been in love before - we know what it's like) and crap about your bike and waking up in the morning has made me never want to join this twitter revolution (what is it? a text message to the world? even Matt Fraction is annoying me which is why I never go to his site anymore) BUT! this goddamn statement about Duck Soup not being funny has just crossed the fucking line - and to be honest, I don't know what's more irritating: that Duck Soup wasn't funny or that it had this huge massive hype (?) behind it???

I'm so fucking depressed right now, Geoff. I have to let you go, I'm sorry. And to be further honest, it's not only the twitters that's bothering me it's also that annoying finsof72 a-hole that reminds me of every other frustrated mediocre college intellectual that maybe you're friends with once but later learn what a fracking fraud he is. I know he's Scott's boy but, really, what an embarrassing piece of bunk he wrote about the Watchmen. Sure, his opinion is valid but to turn in something that grammatically butchered and to have you post it just brought my respect for you down a few.

I'm really serious! This is devastating. To take a cue from pop culture, I feel like Sam Weir from Freaks and Geeks when he finally goes out with the cheerleader and takes her to the movie The Jerk and then finds out what a dumb, soul-sucking, vapid bitch she is.

That's all

***gently weeping***

Christian O. said...

So... Greatest sarcasm post on this site or saddest post on this site?

If I can't tell the difference between satire and sincerity, is it, assuming it's actual satire, more funny or less funny?