Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

1 comment:

Jason said...

So was anybody here reading "Top Ten Season Two"? It was solicited as a 4-issue mini.

The fourth issue resolved NONE of the plotlines.

I went online to learn the score, and it turns out that writer Zander Cannon had come up with a ten-issue plotline (eight issues of the series and two "specials"), but because artist Gene Ha could only commit to four issues, DC just decided to solicit it as a four-issue mini, then come out with the fifth issue (the first special) by a different artist, to test the waters and see how the rest of the series would sell with a different artist.

To put it another way, DC *deliberately* decided to only publish half the story (but not tell the audience this), then wait to check the numbers before making with the rest of it. From what I can garner online, it is still up in the air whether the second half of the story will come up.

Someone help me out here. If my immediate inclination here is to think, "Fuck you, DC, and everything you stand for," am I just overreacting?

I mean, christ. No wonder Alan Moore always gets so pissed off when he works with those guys.