Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

6 comments:

James said...

I loved Inglourious Basterds, with the usual Roth-centric caveats, so imagine my dismay when Jog's (excellent) review informed me the Jew Bear was originally supposed to played by Adam Sandler. I cannot stop thinking about how perfect that would've been.

James said...

What I've seen of the allegedly made-for-the-format Spider-Woman motion comic has struck me as unimpressive and pointless, but the trailer for the Astonishing X-Men one is top-to-bottom laughable, embarrassing, execrable, dreadful, excruciating...

Mikey said...

"Ask yourself this, if the pages of Marvel Comics could move, what would they look like? Wonder no more, True Believers!"

James - "unimpressive" and "pointless" are the two perfect words for this. Another two: Shit sandwich.

I always liked Maleev - I'd like to have offered him a paycheck just so he could've turned this (and Halo) down. Why isn't he drawing comics? Why would Maleev be happy for his work to look like nothing more than a set of screen grabs? Was his work always that way or is it 'made-for-format'? I'm going to have to go back and look.

Matt Jacobson said...

Your twitter post from Jim Gaffigan about broken escalators made me think of the Mitch Hedburg joke:

I like escalators, man. An escalator can never be broken. An escalator can only become stairs. You should never see an "escalator temporarily broken" sign - you should only see a sign that reads "escalator temporarily stairs - sorry for the convenience."

That was long, sorry. But Hedburg ruled.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.