Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music, books and iPhone apps.

8 comments:

neilshyminsky said...

Fyi, after the discussions of picking up the Claremont posts once Jason stops, i wrote one for X-Men #100 and started one for UXM #381. They're pretty rough around the edges and much more surly than I had intended. I'm not sure that there will be any more, though - it would be an awfully masochistic exercise.

Jason said...

Awesome, Neil!

(Have you ever read those four Wolverine issues Claremont did in 1998? That was sort of his pre-return to the mutant books, before X100/Unc381.)

Cease said...

I've been taking notes on my guest appearance idea that you liked; I'm just finishing up another series.

I must say Jason's decided me on trying Essentials vol. 8 (and Neil's decided me against trying the later stuff; hey, I have real books to read, after all!) I did some research last month on my "other" X-Men analysis idea...the layered Claremont stories are rich and decorated with historical context.

I'd love to be added to the blog roll. Thank you.

neilshyminsky said...

Jason: Those are the issues when Wolverine's marriage to Viper is revealed? I think I read the first issue... but I can't really remember anything more than that.

cease ill: I decided you against trying the later stuff? Vol. 9 has some pretty decent stuff in it - the issues that Jason just covered and 'Acts of Vengeance', notably. Real books be damned - why stop when you're so close to having read the whole run? :)

Geoff Klock said...

CI - -added.

James said...

GEOFF: Are you listening to John Hodgman's Today in the Past podcast? You'd get a kick out of January 12th's edition.

Cease said...

Ascend the brightest heaven of invention.

LOL I particularly meant the turn of the century Claremont return you were considering, Neil. If it came down to a copy of your Morrison book or another trade, though, I'd have to go with your book!

sara d. reiss said...

OMG!!!PEARLSBEFORESWINEISAWESOME!!!!

PEESE SHUT BEEG FAT MOUF!!!