Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Damon Lindelof on LOST and 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 (Commonplace Book)

[This is from EW but I found it quoted on the TV blog on the AV club. ]

Lindelof said,

“There will be more ON the Numbers, yes. But explaining WHY and HOW they are magic is like trying to explain why some magic kids are born to two muggles. The Valenzetti Equation USES those numbers, but trust me, they were around LONG before the early '60s. But for fans waiting for an advanced dissertation on the mythic significance of the numbers, I direct them to Qui-Gon Jinn's speech to Shmi Skywalker regarding midichlorians and pose the following question: Happy now?”

The Valenzetti Equation was something that was revealed in a viral marketing campaign between, I think, seasons two and three. I wont spoil what it is, but Wikipedia has the info if you want it.

No comments: