Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If a week goes by and I have failed to add you to the blog roll TELL ME TO DO IT AGAIN, and KEEP TELLING ME UNTIL IT GETS DONE. I can be lazy about updating the non-post parts of this site. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy (but now might not be). That is often the reason I fail to get back to people, and on a blog, after a few days, the comments thread dies and I just kind of forget about it. Let's use this space to fix that, because it does need to be fixed; I look like a jackass sometimes, leaving people hanging. I will TRY to respond to any questions here.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore. For example, if you thought of a great quote for the great quote commonplace book, but now no one is reading that, you could put it here.You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If you think your free form comment here might be better as its own post, but you do not want it to be public yet, email it to me. My email address is available on my blogger profile page. If I think it will work on this site, your post will be published here with your name in the title of the post. You can propose what you will, I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

If you think what you have to say -- new topic or comment on an existing topic -- would be better to hear than to read, use the CALL ME button on the toolbar on the right.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couple of things:

Geoff,

What do you think about Hancock? I mean, I know you probably haven't seen it yet but since you feel Unbreakable was too serious... how might this fit in to the idea of Revisionary Supehero Narrative? Is it really a Revisionary Superhero Narrative?

And Everyone,

I don't know if I posted on this last week... did anyone else get Coldplay's new album? I mean it's good and all, and "Viva La Vida" and "Violet Hill" are easily the best songs they've ever done... but does anyone else feel like they didn't finish the album? It seems like they had a bunch of a half finished songs that they just kind of pasted together to form one song. Thoughts?

Jason said...

Just wanted to take a moment to thank people for continuing to comment on the X-Men issue-by-issue Claremont blog thingies. My internet access has been incredibly sporadic since I quit my job, but going forward I'll be back online. So Doug, if you're reading, I should be readily available to argue with you over the finer points of "Days of Future Past."

Best,
Jason Powell

Geoff Klock said...

I have not seen Hancock yet but the reviews have my attention. Not sure about it as a revisionary superhero narrative or whatever, but I will let you know when I see it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any reviews? Are they positive?

James said...

The reviews I've seen are all negative, but make me really want to see the movie. The thing that caught my attention about the trailer was the seismic shift in tone.

Kyle Hadley said...

James, that tonal shift feels even crazier in the actual movie.

I loved Hancock, but it would not surprise me if people did not like it. Sadly about 30 minutes was cut and it was cut pretty recently, so at times it feels a bit disjointed, but I thought the mythology was interesting and I liked how dark it got. Plus, Smith is always solid in big movies.

Anonymous said...

Geoff (and everyone) - any thoughts on the trailer for the new Coen bros (Burn After Reading)? It looks like Pitt's having a great time. I like that in an actor / movie - when their enjoyment is palpable. Great poster too.

Also - I hear the Coen's are adapting Chabon's Yiddish Policeman's Union. This is ridiculously exciting to me.

Jason said...

Mikey, no kidding? That's sweet! I love Yiddish Policeman's Union.

Streeborama said...

Has no one else seen Wanted yet? Perhaps I shall type up a short review to warn you all to stay away from it.