Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

after a friend on myspace did it, I made a list of my 100 favorite songs. It's on my myspace (click my name on the right) not sure what this says about me other than I have too much time on my hands.

Patrick Sanders said...

I've just started on season four of The Wire. I'm pleased to report that that is every bit as great as folks have said.

James said...

Just heard a busker playing "No Children" by The Mountain Goats. Awesome.

James said...

Oh, and I've embarked on The Wire, too. One season in. Doesn't have Deadwood's nigh-instantaneous WOW factor, but it's just as incredible once you're in.

Unknown said...

Add me to that list. Do people look for something new to get into in the new year or something? I'm half way through season 2 of The Wire and I feel refreshed and ennervated, and smarter than I did before I'd seen it.

I have a hard time identifying favourite characters/moments, but I think it might be Major Rawls. "These are for you McNulty...."

It's amazing how many traditional character arcs/narrative strands/televisual hooks that make most TV so predictable (this is not necessarily a bad thing) are sidestepped or flat out rejected.

It's funny - after I read LA Confidential, I couldn't bear to read any of Ellroy's other books, or any other crime fiction other than Chandler, because it all seemed so paltry. Similarly, I am finding that I have no interest in any other TV drama (with the possible exception of Dexter, which is a hoot). It's made everything else seem so...pointless.

Although I am looking forward to starting The Shield and The Unit.