Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If I forget, remind me. Remember these comments can be directed at all the readers, not just me.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore.

You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If I see a big free form comment that deserves more attention, I will pull it and make it its own post, with a label on the post and on the sidebar that will always link to all the posts you write for this blog. I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music, books and iPhone apps.

8 comments:

Marc Caputo said...

Can someone help me settle something? In the early 1990s, for a brief (but glorious) time, comics doubled shipped in a week. I can't for the life of me remember if it was Mon./Wed. or Wed./Fri.

Thanks!!

Oh, BTW, Geoff, just picked up an iTouch - Boxed In is a great game app and Exit Strategy (the MTA one) is AWESOME!!

Jeff Carter said...

Hi Geoff! Comics may be getting increasing more lame in relation to how they were earlier this year or even earlier this decade...but are they any more lame than they were sixteen years ago? I'm delving into the depths of my collection to find out, and I invite you and your readers to join me.

Thanks!

Jeff Carter
http://awesomated.blogspot.com

scottmcdarmont said...

Happy Hannukah!

Cease said...

Working on an adapted war story...almost ready to submit a blog to "Rock around the Klock" (aagh!) but here's a treat called "Totalitarianism got you down?" with a quote you can find over at the beloved A TROUT IN MILK re: Morrison, followed by a discussion about...discussion!

Cease said...

duh! I meant http://ceaseill.blogspot.com/2009/12/totalitarianism-getting-you-down.html

and with thanks, http://circumstantial.blogspot.com/ for the first quote by Andrew Hickey.

scott91777 said...

How does the Free Form Comments section get a Thumbs down?

I feel as thought the catchpa for posting comics is growing increasingly challenging in it's complexity much like sudoku...

My word this time is 'bopeboxa'

Unknown said...

Scott - I was just wondering that myself.

Meanwhile, I am digging The Factual Opinion's list of 100 songs for 2009.

Austin Gorton said...

Just wanted to say that a comment on a post over at Comics Should Be Good brought Jason's reviews of Claremont's X-Men to my attention. I'm now in the process of making way through them from the beginning, and enjoying them all thoroughly.

In the meantime, I'm also enjoying the other content on this blog and look forward to catching up on and following it as well

And if I may shamelessly self-promote for a moment, over on my blog, Gentlemen of Leisure (gentlemenofleisure1.blogspot.com),I'm examining issues of X-Men, starting with issue #1 (I'm currently up to issue #28, the first appearance of Banshee), in which I look at notable events of each issue, developing character and plot elements, Cyclops angsting about his power and Beast's prodigious vocabulary, amongst other things. Alongside other geeky topics and the work of my blogmates, I try to post at least one new X-Men review each week.

Stop over and take a look; leave a comment or three if you like what you see, and keep your peace if you don't. ;)