Friday, November 02, 2007

Free Form Comments

Say whatever you want to in the comments to this post -- random, off topic thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, recommendations, criticisms (which can be anonymous), surveys, introductions if you have never commented before, personal news, self-promotion, requests to be added to the blog roll and so on. If a week goes by and I have failed to add you to the blog roll TELL ME TO DO IT AGAIN, and KEEP TELLING ME UNTIL IT GETS DONE. I can be lazy about updating the non-post parts of this site.

ALSO. You can use this space to re-ask me questions you asked me before that I failed to answer because I was too busy (but now might not be). That is often the reason I fail to get back to people, and on a blog, after a few days, the comments thread dies and I just kind of forget about it. Let's use this space to fix that, because it does need to be fixed; I look like a jackass sometimes, leaving people hanging. I will TRY to respond to any questions here.

AND you can use this space to comment on posts that are old enough that no one is reading the comments threads anymore. For example, if you thought of a great quote for the great quote commonplace book, but now no one is reading that, you could put it here.You do not have to have a blogger account or gmail account to post a comment -- you can write a comment, write your name at the bottom of your comment like an e mail, and then post using the "anonymous" option.

WRITING FOR THIS BLOG. If you think your free form comment here might be better as its own post, but you do not want it to be public yet, email it to me. My email address is availible on my blogger profile page. If I think it will work on this site, your post will be published here with your name in the title of the post. You can propose what you will, I am always looking for reviews of games, tv, movies, music and books.

5 comments:

Kyle Hadley said...

The best news I heard all week was that Joss Whedon is coming back to television and he is brining Eliza Dushku with him. The show will be on Fox so that does worry me, but I will bask in hios return for a while before I get nervous.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Eliza-Dushku-Lures/800026169

Christian O. said...

The Strike's only been going for two days and already some of the news is killing me.

All those shitty superhero movies we have in wait, people. The Flash, JLA, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman etc.

My god, I'm betting most of these, at least in their current incarnation, are going to defy the laws of thermodynamics, thus managing to suck and blow at the same time.

In more happy news, Tim Schafer, Psychonauts, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango etc., is doing a new game and it looks to be awesomely RAWK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WYH2sFCGvE

Anonymous said...

What is your opinion of the film "Chicken Run"?

jen said...

Wow... The things you can find on the internet...

Avoiding my reading list, I sat here last night going from one blog to another looking for academics talking about TV. (Which, thinking about it, isn't a bad thing, since that's all my reading list is.) In all of that, I stumbled upon your blog.

Two things about this are interesting (to me): First, we went to NYU together (at least I'm 90% certain we did -- English and American Literature in the late '90s). Second, you have a post about Green Wing, one of my favorite sitcoms to talk about.

I was supposed to give a paper about it back in April, but was otherwise engaged moving to the UK. My basic premise was that the neo-sub-genre of the hospital comedy maps out is existence through relations to other sitcom sub-genres as well as to hospital dramas.

To get less academic -- you rock for liking that show.

Geoff Klock said...

Jason. I am going to buy chicken run and watch it again soon, I swear. I need to own that movie.

Jen -- glad you could join us. Stick around. Awesome.