Monday, November 05, 2007

Geoff Klock on Comic Geek Speak Episode 319

Comic Geek Speak episode 319 is up today and I do a short bit. This episode they are just catching up with past guests. If you are a regular reader here there is nothing discussed in the interview you do not already know: I have a D.Phil. now, I have a stock of jokes about being a Doctor (Dokkktor Klockhammer, Dr. Dre., Dr. Doom, Doctor Perfect), I like Umbrella Academy and Sugar Shock, I have been updating the blog like crazy and we now have lots of useful links and guest bloggers. Maybe the only thing I discussed there that I have not covered here is how much I love the Venture Bros., but I am planning on doing a blog on that soon in any case. Anyway, if you want to check it out, Click Here for CGS episode 319.

3 comments:

Streeborama said...

I'm glad that you were back on CGS, Geoff. Did they invite Tim Callahan back as well? That's a rhetorical question of course as I don't expect an answer. They blacklisted him rather than have an actual discussion about the real meaning of comics. That's why I don't listen to their two hours of nostalgic waxing and fanboy kibitzing about parallel universes and how important every major event in comics seems. Bah. In the words of Peter Rios - "There are plenty of other comics podcasts out there. Go find one of them." I wish you would go on Callahan's podcast or Word Balloon or some other show where they don't install a glass ceiling on their conversations. I wish I had more time to read comics so I could start my own podcast and invite you on - so that you could have a real conversation without subjecting the art form to the limitations of certain minds.

Streeborama said...

Did that sound bitter. Heh. I will download your episode of course. It always makes for great listening. I see they just talked to David Mack as well - I can only imagine how they appreciated the symbolism in his works. . .

Geoff Klock said...

I am sure Callahan would let me on his podcast.