Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lost Webisode 2 / J.J. Abrams Movie Trailer



I am with Neil Shyminsky in not seeing the point of this. Did they think that because these things would be seen only by the fans committed enough to watch little videos on their computer that any bit of information would be fascinating?



This, on the other hand -- from LOST exec producer J.J. Abrams -- looks like it could be interesting: it comes out January 18th, yet it has no name as of yet. Is it Godzilla? Is that why there is no title -- so there is no stink of the earlier movie? Is it the monster from Lost? Is it some Lovecraftian Beastie? I very much want something surprising, because I am not sure there is a whole lot that can be done with a giant monster in New York movie. I have been surprised by things before, so you never know. (I realize I am a little behind commenting on this).

4 comments:

Justin Berl said...

Geoff,

The 1-18-08 Movie does have a title now, it is called Cloverfield. There is also a new trailer up on youtube as well. Abrams has come out and said that he was in a Japanese Toy Store with his son and saw Godzilla toys, so he got the idea to make an American monster in the same vein as Godzilla. From the new trailer it seems like the movie has a Blair Witch kinda vibe with shaky camera work and what not. I personally have been waiting for this movie since I saw the trailer before Transformers this summer.

James said...

I regret watching the full trailer, not because it reveals too much particularly, but because the teaser is perfect. It tells you absolutely everything you need to know about the movie (except the title, I guess). I haven't watched any of the Lost things yet, is the verdict that I needn't bother?

Geoff Klock said...

Justin -- thanks. Man, am I behind.

James. For now, yeah, you can skip them.

Christian O. said...

Yeah, original monsters. I was going to say something about the teaser making subtle references to Behemoth, Ziz and the Leviathan, but having seen the trailer, I doubt it's those now.