Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Next Ten Days: twitter beats blog

With the wedding ten days away, I expect my substantial contributions to be as the have been the past few days: light to non-existent. Due to Free Form Comments and diligent guest bloggers -- including Jill Duffy Girl Reporter who WILL be doing more than one post on Twin Peaks, as requested -- we should still be updated around here on all the weekdays at least. 

If you are looking to keep track of me I seem to be becoming deeply addicted to Twitter, which, of course, you can see from the top part of the toolbar on this page. Blogging is amazing because it gives a place to a lot of remarkable things that would be unworthy of a print publication; twitter is amazing because it gives a place to a lot of remarkable things that would be unworthy of a blog post. Micro-blogging, I think is the term. When I blog I feel like I am writing an email about the latest comic book or whatever. When I twitter I feel like I am just talking as I would to someone I bumped into on the street. I can do it from my cell phone, which I love, and which is very handy now. 

Flickr is on my November Things to Do list. 

No comments: